Salty waffles


Salty waffles

my first day of music classes, i get up at 6:30 a.m., shower, brush my teeth, put on makeup, then cook waffles and breakfast with my family. On the way to class I remember my friend Pablo and his love note where he told his love to his neighbor Olivia, How sad that Olivia has a boyfriend and my friend Pablo found out yesterday, to cheer up my friend, I made him some waffles with honey and fruits, following a recipe I saw online; In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar; reserve, in a separate container, beat the eggs. Add milk, butter, and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until mixed. Serve the dough on a preheated waffle iron. Cook waffles until golden and crisp, and add fruit and honey, easy and delicious.
In the first class of the music school, I saw my friend Pablo a little sad and invited him, the waffles that I cooked in my house, while the teacher explained to us, what is the music, the sound, the different musical instruments, he ask Pablo what kind of musical instrument we were going to choose to learn.
Pablo told me that the instrument he was going to learn to play is the saxophone, because he is jazz fans and he loves many of the songs by David "Fathead" Newman, Willis "Gator" Jackson. I decided to learn to play the piano, the soft sound it emits relaxes me and among my favorite pianists are; Frédéric Chopin, Yiruma, Khatia Buniatishvili, Maria João Pires.  After the end of the classes, and having chosen our musical instrument, we went out to the patio and sat down to eat the waffles that I had prepared with great love for my friend Pablo.

When my friend Pablo saw that I brought him to eat waffles with honey and fruit, his spirits improved, but when he bit the waffles, his face wrinkled, I asked him, what happened?
he responded to me “waffles are so salty you can't even eat, what the hell happened to you when you were cooking? Why are they so salty? when waffles should be sweet”.

I started to remember the recipe I saw online; and I started to say it to Pablo; “In a large bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar; reserve, in a separate container, beat the eggs. Add milk, butter, and vanilla. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until mixed. Serve the dough on a preheated waffle iron. Cook waffles until golden and crisp. I don't understand what could have gone wrong for the waffles to be salty”

To which Pablo asked me, did you confuse sugar with salt?

which led me to remember that my mother told me the day before that she had changed the position of the jars where the sugar and salt are stored.

Pablo noticed my astonished face and wondered: “You confused sugar with salt, right?”
which I answered yes, since a simple ingredient such as salt could damage such an easy recipe, a situation that makes Pablo and I laugh as much as some salty waffles would be. 



                                                                 THE END


element that I used as inspiration was group C

Comentarios

Entradas populares